(Our)Volunteers could see the email statistics of member engagement, which encouraged those who were slow to be convinced of the benefits of centralisation.
Jon Buttolph , Head of Membership & Professional Standards , CIEH
On big projects, it’s really, really hard to find someone who does what they do, that mix of flexibility and reliability is rare.
Justin Turner , Head of IT , CIEH
How we centralised regional member events (without falling out with our Volunteers)
- The CIEH was founded in the 1840 and is the professional voice for environmental health.
- Provides information and policy advice to government, environmental and public health practitioners.
- We had a problem with our CRM system
- We brought Trillium in to look at our CRM database. They also carried out integration projects with our website, followed by a CRM upgrade.
- They helped us introduce an event management system.
Our events booking system was not working
- We run over 150 events annually, and our regional volunteers run their own events. However, because there was no common event booking system, we ran into issues.
- There was not enough central coordination of events.
- Our head office often didn’t know what was happening, and;
- Diary clashes around head office and regional events.
- Members called into our head office to ask about locally organised events, and the team were unaware.
- The regions couldn’t tell who were members when booking events.
- No website integration.
- Trillium introduced our new event management system that integrated with our CRM and website.
- Single source of CIEH event information.
- Members can book events online, 24/7.
- Members attending more than one event per quarter increased.
The Trillium difference?
- It's a partnership.
- I can chat with them and rely on them to say 'look, we'd love this piece of work, but we don't recommend it for the following reasons…'